Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Glogster Project-Morgan & Blake

My second cousins Morgan and Blake Mcdermott were both diagnosed with MPS III Sanfilippo syndrome. MPS (mucopolysaccharidoses) III Sanfilippo syndrome  is a genetic lysosomal storage disease. It is caused by the body's inability to produce specific enzymes. Sanfilippo syndrome specifically prevents the body from properly breaking down long chains of sugar molecules (glycosaminoglycans). The disease is typically diagnosed when children are very young, and as they age, learning ability declines and mental status deteriorates. Both Morgan and Blake started out as functional babies and toddlers, but as the disease took hold, both began to degenerate neurologically.

I love my little cousins very much, as well as their parents Mike and Jill. They have been fighting for over 3 years to cope with the disease, as well as raise awareness and connect with other families across the nation who also have children with MPS. There is currently no treatment for MPS III, but we are fighting every day to find a cure.

I made this Glogster in dedication to Morgen and Blake. I hope that someday soon, we can find a cure to help them live out their lives in the best way possible. M and B, I love you guys!
Here is a link to my Glog that I created: Morgan & Blake 


2 comments:

  1. Wow Alison, really good Glog! I've never heard of MPS before. I think you did a great job raising awareness of MPS, while still being very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you have a new medium for expression. Your cousins are fortunate to have you in their family.

    Z

    ReplyDelete